Comprehensive guide to managing Astigmatism
Astigmatism is a common refractive error in the eye that causes blurred or distorted vision. It occurs when the cornea (the eye's clear front surface) or the lens inside the eye has an irregular shape, affecting how light enters the eye and is focused on the retina, resulting in a blurry image. Astigmatism can occur alone or with other refractive errors, such as nearsightedness or farsightedness.Astigmatism treatment in Ayurveda involves a holistic approach that includes personalized diet and lifestyle modifications, herbal remedies, eye exercises, and therapies to improve eye health and relieve symptoms. With its focus on natural healing and prevention, Ayurveda can help manage astigmatism and improve overall eye health.
Get Astigmatism Treated
Book an appointment
Symptoms of Astigmatism
Blurred vision at all distances
Distorted or wavy vision
Eye strain or discomfort, especially after prolonged reading or computer use
Headaches, especially after prolonged visual tasks.
Data & Statistics For astigmatism treatment From Research Studies
According to the World Health Organization, astigmatism is a common refractive error affecting up to 60% of the population. A study published in the Journal of Ayurveda and Integrative Medicine found that Ayurvedic therapies such as Netra Tarpana (eye rejuvenation therapy) and herbal eye drops were effective in improving visual acuity and reducing astigmatism. Another study in the International Journal of Research in Ayurveda and Pharmacy reported that Ayurvedic treatments such as Nasya (nasal drops) and eye exercises helped to relieve symptoms of astigmatism and improve overall eye health. Ayurveda eye hospital with the best and experienced doctors can help to manage the symptoms with different herbs, therapies and remedies.
Correct Colour Blindness without surgery
100% natural medications
Safe & advanced technology
Proven results against Colour Blindness
3 Easy Steps To Start Your Ayurveda Treatment for Astigmatism
Fix Your Appointment Online
Consult With The Eye Specialist Assigned To You
Get Treated With The Best Ayurvedic Medicines
Story of Health & Healing
Hear Experiences of Happy Patients at
Dr Basu Eye Hospital
Story Of Colour Blindness Patient treated successfully by Ayurveda Watch their story.
Story Of Colour Blindness Patient treated successfully by Ayurveda Watch their story
Through experience and keen observation of different eye cases, Dr M S Basu studied the effectiveness of herbal treatments. After 9 years of intensive research, Isotine was developed and launched. The flagship invention of Dr. MS Basu shot to instant fame and success. It is the basis of all treatments at our hospital, combined with an array of holistic practices.
As the CEO, and a qualified optometrist, Dr. Mandeep Basu understands the dynamics of eye care in the contemporary lifestyle. He ardently looks after the research and development team and guides them on innovations and product development initiatives.
Dr. Mahendra Singh Basu
Dr. Mandeep Singh Basu
Frequently Asked Questions
Astigmatism is usually caused by an irregular shape of the cornea or lens, which affects the way light enters the eye and is focused on the retina. Some common causes of astigmatism include:
- Genetic factors – Astigmatism can be inherited from parents and may be present at birth.
- Eye injuries or surgeries – Trauma or surgeries to the eye can cause changes in the shape of the cornea or lens, leading to astigmatism.
- Eye diseases – Certain eye diseases such as keratoconus, corneal dystrophy, or other conditions that affect the cornea or lens can cause astigmatism.
- Age-related changes – As we age, changes in the shape of the lens can cause astigmatism or other refractive errors.
- Environmental factors – Factors such as excessive reading, using computers or other digital devices for prolonged periods, and exposure to UV rays can also contribute to the development of astigmatism.
Ayurveda Eye Care from the best doctors of Dr. Basu eye hospital can help to manage symptoms and provide treatments as per the type and cause of astigmatism.
There are two main types of astigmatism:
- Corneal astigmatism occurs when the cornea has an irregular shape, affecting how light enters the eye and is focused on the retina.
- Lenticular astigmatism occurs when the lens inside the eye has an irregular shape, affecting how light enters the eyes and is focused on the retina.
Astigmatism can also be classified on the basis of the axis of the irregularity, which can be vertical, horizontal, or oblique. Additionally, astigmatism can occur alone or with other refractive errors, such as nearsightedness or farsightedness.
Benefits of Ayurvedic treatment for astigmatism includes:
- Improvement in visual acuity – Ayurvedic therapies like Netra Tarpana (eye rejuvenation therapy) and herbal eye drops can improve visual acuity, reducing blurry or distorted vision associated with astigmatism.
- Relief from eye strain and discomfort – Ayurvedic treatments like Trataka (eye exercises) and Padabhyanga (foot massage) can help relieve eye strain and discomfort, especially after prolonged visual tasks.
- Headache relief – Ayurvedic therapies like Shirodhara (oil dripping therapy on the forehead) and Nasya (nasal drops) can help alleviate headaches associated with astigmatism.
- Restoration of balance to the doshas – Ayurvedic treatment aims to restore balance to the doshas (energies) in the body, particularly Pitta dosha, which is associated with eye health. This can help prevent the development of astigmatism and other eye disorders.
Yes, Ayurveda offers natural and holistic treatments for astigmatism, which can help manage the condition and improve eye health. Ayurvedic treatment for astigmatism typically involves a combination of herbal remedies, personalized diet and lifestyle modifications, and specific eye exercises and therapies. Ayurvedic treatments aim to balance the doshas (energies) in the body, particularly Pitta dosha, which is associated with eye health. This can help prevent the development of astigmatism and other eye disorders, as well as good ayurvedic treatment for colour-Blindness, blurred or distorted vision, eye strain or discomfort, headaches, and difficulty seeing at night. It is essential to consult a qualified Ayurvedic doctor for personalized treatment recommendations based on individual symptoms and constitution.