Unlocking the Mystery of BRVOs And Their Ayurvedic Treatment
BRVO stands for Branch Retinal Vein Occlusion, a condition that occurs when one of the small veins in the retina becomes blocked or impeded, leading to vision loss. It is a common retinal vascular disorder that can cause blurred or distorted vision, visual field loss, and other visual impairments. BRVO is usually associated with ageing and underlying health conditions such as hypertension, diabetes, and atherosclerosis. Ayurvedic treatment for BRVO includes a combination of herbal medications, dietary modifications, and lifestyle changes to manage symptoms and promote overall health. It aims to address the underlying imbalances in the body and prevent irreversible vision loss.
Get BRVO Treatment
Book an appointment
Symptoms of BRVO
Blurred or distorted vision in one eye.
Loss of vision in the central or peripheral field of vision
Dark or empty spots in the visual field.
Colours appearing less vivid or washed out
Data & Statistics For BRVO treatment From Research Studies
According to the World Health Organization (WHO), Branch Retinal Vein Occlusion (BRVO) is a common cause of vision loss worldwide. The incidence of BRVO is higher in individuals over 50, and it is more prevalent in patients with underlying health conditions such as hypertension, diabetes, and atherosclerosis. Research studies have shown that Ayurvedic treatment can be an effective approach to managing BRVO. One study published in the Ayushdhara Journal in 2018 evaluated the efficacy of Ayurvedic treatment in managing BRVO in 30 patients. The study reported significant improvements in visual acuity, retinal edema, and haemorrhages after six months of treatment with Ayurvedic medications and lifestyle modifications. Another study published in the Journal of Ayurveda and Integrative Medicine in 2015 evaluated the effect of Ayurvedic BRVO eye treatment in preventing recurrent BRVO in 28 patients. The study reported a significant reduction in the recurrence rate of BRVO after six months of treatment with Ayurvedic medications and lifestyle modifications. Overall, these studies suggest that Ayurvedic treatment for BRVO can be a promising alternative to managing this problem. It highlights the importance of a holistic approach to health and wellness in preventing vision loss.
Correct BRVO without surgery
100% natural medications
Safe & advanced technology
Proven results against BRVO
3 Easy Steps To Start Your Ayurveda Treatment for BRVO
Fix Your Appointment Online
Consult With The Eye Specialist Assigned To You
Get Treated With The Best Ayurvedic Medicines
Story of Health & Healing
Hear Experiences of Happy Patients at
Dr Basu Eye Hospital
Story Of Dr Basu Eye Hospital Delhi treated successfully by Ayurveda Watch their story.
Story Of Colour Blindness Patient treated successfully by Ayurveda Watch their story
Through experience and keen observation of different eye cases, Dr M S Basu studied the effectiveness of herbal treatments. After 9 years of intensive research, Isotine was developed and launched. The flagship invention of Dr. MS Basu shot to instant fame and success. It is the basis of all treatments at our hospital, combined with an array of holistic practices.
As the CEO, and a qualified optometrist, Dr. Mandeep Basu understands the dynamics of eye care in the contemporary lifestyle. He ardently looks after the research and development team and guides them on innovations and product development initiatives.
Dr. Mahendra Singh Basu
Dr. Mandeep Singh Basu
Frequently Asked Questions
BRVO (Branch Retinal Vein Occlusion) occurs when one of the small veins in the retina becomes blocked or occluded, leading to vision loss. The exact cause of BRVO is not always clear. Still, it is commonly associated with underlying health conditions such as hypertension, diabetes, atherosclerosis, and other cardiovascular diseases that affect the blood vessels. In addition, age-related changes to the blood vessels in the retina might also contribute to the development of BRVO. Other risk factors that can increase the likelihood of developing BRVO include smoking, high cholesterol, obesity, and a sedentary lifestyle. Therefore, it is vital to identify and manage these risk factors to prevent or minimize the occurrence of BRVO. Ayurvedic BRVO eye treatment can help with this condition holistically by addressing the root cause.
There are two types of Branch Retinal Vein Occlusion (BRVO), which are categorized based on the location of the occlusion within the retina:
- Macular BRVO: Occurs when the occlusion is located at or near the macula, which is the central part of the retina and is responsible for sharp, detailed vision. This type of BRVO is more likely to cause severe vision loss and is often associated with a poorer visual prognosis.
- Branch retinal vein occlusion outside the macula: Occurs when the occlusion is located further away from the macula and is less likely to cause severe vision loss. However, it can still cause blurred or distorted vision and other visual impairments.
Both types of BRVO are associated with ageing and underlying health conditions such as hypertension, diabetes, and atherosclerosis. It is vital to seek medical attention if you experience any symptoms of BRVO, as early detection and treatment can help prevent or minimize vision loss
Ayurvedic treatment for BRVO (Branch Retinal Vein Occlusion) can offer several potential benefits, including:
- Reduced inflammation: Ayurvedic treatment for BRVO uses herbs and natural formulations that are known for their anti-inflammatory properties. They can help reduce inflammation in the retina, which can contribute to the development and progression of BRVO.
- Improved blood circulation: Ayurvedic treatments aim to improve blood circulation in the body, which can help reduce the risk of occlusions or blockages in the blood vessels. This can be particularly helpful in managing BRVO.
- Antioxidant effects: Many Ayurvedic herbs and formulations have antioxidant properties, which can help protect the retina and other tissues from oxidative stress and damage.
- Safe and natural approach: BRVO, myopia or keratoconus treatment in Ayurveda are generally safe and natural, with minimal side effects. The Ayurvedic medicines/herbs/ remedies can be used alone or in combination with conventional medical treatments for better outcomes.
There are several Ayurvedic herbs that are commonly used in the management of BRVO (Branch Retinal Vein Occlusion). Some of the commonly used Ayurvedic herbs for BRVO treatment include:
- Triphala (Amalaki, Bibhitaki, Haritaki) – Emblica officinalis, Terminalia bellirica, Terminalia chebula
- Punarnava – Boerhavia diffusa
- Guggulu – Commiphora mukul
- Turmeric – Curcuma longa
- Brahmi – Bacopa monnieri
- Haritaki – Terminalia chebula
- Ashwagandha – Withania somnifera
- Bilva – Aegle marmelos
- Shatavari – Asparagus racemosus
- Yashtimadhu – Glycyrrhiza glabra
These are herbs that can not only help with BRVO but some of them are also good for Eye Floaters Treatment In Ayurveda.
Some of the treatment methods involves:
- Ayurvedic medicines: The patient has prescribed a combination of Ayurvedic herbs, including Punarnava, Guggulu, Triphala, Brahmi, Haritaki, and Yashtimadhu.
- Panchakarma therapy: The patient underwent Panchakarma therapy, which included Virechana (therapeutic purgation) and Nasya (nasal administration of medicated oils).
- Netra tarpana: The patient was given Netra tarpana, a procedure in which medicated ghee is applied around the eyes to lubricate and nourish the eyes.
- Yoga and meditation: The patient was advised to practice yoga and meditation to reduce stress and improve overall health.
- Dietary and lifestyle modifications: The patient was advised to follow a healthy diet and lifestyle modifications, including regular exercise and adequate rest, to support the healing process.